Publication Date 09/2009
No. Pages 338
No. Recipes 575
Make check payable to: Sharon Cook-Wheeldon
3700 E. Hwy 452
Eubank, KY 42567
Phone 606 423 3891
A Mixture of Thoughts about the Reunion
By Group under Shade Tree
1. In the early years if you signed the register with your address you received a post card reminder the next year.
2. For years the setting up of tables on Saturday followed a cornbread and buttermilk meal
3. The lumber for the tables came from the sawmill
4. Homer Cook brought the first PA system
5. Tupperware became very popular at the Reunion
6. Green Beans, slice tomatoes, corn, meatloaf, and fried chicken has been served at every Reunion
7. A few boyfriends and girlfriends came to the Reunion as a prospective husband or wife but never returned..... however, many did.
8. Restroom facilities often a problem
9. Has only been rained out once, but moved inside a church
10. A collection each year to purchase soft drinks and game and prizes
11. Handing out drinks in the back of a truck was always an important job to the young folks.
12. Until the late 60's folks arrived in cars with no A/C
13. Colonel Sanders did not attend the Reunion before 1969
14. A week before the Reunion many would be asking "What are you taking to the Reunion?"
15. Mack Cook and Olin Harmon are the only two family members to obtain the age of 100 (so far)
16. Many non-family members have and do attend each year because they are always welcome and have become an important part of the Reunion
17. Breakfast and singing at Larry's on Saturday morning.
Just ask someone that has been to a reunion, "Do you remember this________________about the Cook/Harmon Reunion?
Sit under a shade tree with someone over 65 and let them tell you about the Cook/Harmon Reunion, you will learn lots of Truths & Half Truths but you will see the love and pride for family in their eyes and heart.