Publication Date 12-2016
No. Pages 116
No. Recipes 61
Make check payable to: Wendi Lichwiarz
3902 Redstone Dr
Henrico, VA 23294
By Wendi Lichwiarz
1 bag hashbrowned potatoes (about 4 cups fresh, I use Simply Potatoes)
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 lb ground sausage (I use Jimmy Dean, always)
1 pkg shredded cheese (2 cups, Cheddar &/or Monterey Jack for spicy)
6 eggs, beaten in medium bowl
1 cup milk
1 tsp ea dried, basil & garlic powder
½ tsp ea chili powder & cumin
Sprinkle of cayenne (more if you want it spicier)
Salt & Pepper (about ½ tsp of each or to taste)
• In a large frying pan, brown the sausage. Take out the meat with slotted spoon when done to reserve the grease. Put in a bowl and set aside.
• In the same frying pan, add the onions and cook till translucent. Take them out with a slotted spoon and put in other bowl with the sausage.
• Add the grated potatoes to the grease (fresh or packaged) and cook on medium until browned on one side, then flip and brown on the other.
• While the potatoes are cooking, in a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk and add all spices and herbs.
• Once the potatoes are browned, add the sausage and onions, mix.
• Then, add the egg mixture being sure to continue stirring and flipping so everything will combine and cook as well.
• Add about ½ of the cheese and continue to combine until everything looks to be done (the eggs primarily). Remove from stove.
• Sprinkle cheese on top and let it melt and then serve.
• Real good with sour cream, pico de gallo, chopped cilantro and even chopped bacon if you want the heart attack on a plate special.