Publication Date 12, 2022
No. Pages 36
No. Recipes 8
Make check payable to: Scott Wells
43 Terraceview Road
kingston, On K7K 6
Nana Power’s Cheesy Potatoes
- 10 large peeled potatoes
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2-3 small green onions or scallions as a garnish
- 3 tbsp of flour and melted butter
- 3 cups of half and half cream
- 1 cup or shredded sharp cheese or 1 cup of shredded gouda
- 1 tsp of honey Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste.
1. Peel and prepare potatoes in chunks like potato salad, bite sized
2. Boil 7 to 10 minutes in salted wate, drain and place in greased large casserole pan
3.Chop onions in med to small dices
4.Cheesy Sauce: Stir together 3 tablespoons of flour and melted butter simmer 3 to
5 minutes or until starts to form a ball. Make sure heat is not too hot.
5.Stiir in 3 cups of half and half cream and simmer to thicken and comes to a gentle
6.Stir in 1 cup or shredded cheese and ½ tsp. nutmeg
7.add 1 tsp of honey Dijon mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
8.Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Broil for 2 minutes.
9. Add garnish and serve
To buy now: